Monday, November 3, 2008

Saturday, November 1st

You know that feeling you get when you wake up in the morning and the air around you feels frozen, it’s completely silent outside despite the howling wind from last night, and you’re absolutely certain that when you look out your window you will see everything covered in fresh-fallen snow?  Yup, that’s how I felt this morning, only when I looked outside, instead of white I saw brilliant red and yellow and green and brown colored leafs.  For the first time in a long time the sun showed its face and is predicted to actually stay out all day long.  Another first in a long time was being able to sleep in without an action-packed day ahead of me – well at least until the Halloween Party tonight.  The cold weather and the rain and the non-stop life that I’ve been living, and my sick students and colleagues finally got to me, and I desperately needed this morning and afternoon to rest, relax, and catch up!!

No comments: