Friday, May 29, 2009

A Few with the Landlord (Thursday, May 21, 2009)

I have this problem where I don’t like to ask for help.  If I don’t understand something I either say that I understand it, or just plain ignore it.  Apparently my landlord, this really REALLY nice 70+ year old lady, Kasai-san, has been trying to contact me about getting a smoke detector installed and my air conditioner fixed.  When I finally realized what was going on, I set up a time and date for her to tell the boys when to come over.

Immediately after school, the guys came over.  The smoke detector went quick enough, but whatever they were doing with the air conditioner took hours!  They were in and out, in and out, and it was super awkward letting them in and out, in and out, them taking their shoes off, excusing themselves, me saying that’s OK, thank you, and then doing it all over again.  When it was all said and done, it was about 7:30 pm. 

Kasai-san felt so bad that it had taken so long and invited me over to her house for dinner, snacks, and beer!!  So yes, on Thursday night I got drunk with my 70+ year old landlord.  It was so much fun for the two of us, we planned a second date for next Monday!

No comments: