Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Schrock Flock Arrives in Japan (July 12, 2009)

Yuki, Tom, and Eric arrived in Japan with a hefty schedule ahead of them. The day after they arrived in Niigata, they rode the train up to my neck of the woods in Murakami. We didn’t have much time, so I tried to show them as much as possible of the narrow samurai roads, the coast, the river, the little mountain, and my tiny apartment. That night we had eating and drinking plans back in the city. The following day we took a bus tour with my aunt, uncle, and grandma to Yamagata for some lavender and cherry picking. I had to work on Monday so the Schrock Flock took off without me to Kyoto. I really REALLY wanted to see Hiroshima so took the remaining of my days off to meet up with them. We saw Japan’s most beautiful castle: Himeji, the Peace Park in Hiroshima, Japan’s most photographed landmark in Miyajima, and then a baseball game in Tokyo. It was a pretty good trip, but not stellar for me. You see, I was sick exactly half of the trip. See: ‘Malaria.’
























No comments: