Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Monday, October 6, 2008: Subaru Pleo

Hey guess what: I’m mobile!!  Hiki-sensei texted me over the weekend, saying that my car was ready!!  She picked me up on Monday evening and helped sort through all of the details and banking to seal the deal!!  I am now the proud renter of a pearly white Subaru Pleo.  It’s a K car, which means that it has a yellow license plate, smaller engine, better gas mileage, and is narrower than a regular white plate car.  Because it’s used, the insurance has already been paid, and since Hiki-sensei’s husband owns the place, they were able to get me a phenomenal deal!!  I LOVE it, and took it out and about all around town.  Before I got into the car I was crazy nervous, but once in and driving, it really isn’t that big of a deal at all.  I just keep telling myself ‘left, left, left’ every time I turn and sometimes get the windshield wipers confused with the blinkers. 


I also started taking Yosakoi dance lessons and Taiko drum lessons on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.  People always freak out when I tell them that I road my bike or walked kinda far distances, and especially with the weather getting chillier this is going to help me do everything!!  

No comments: