Thursday, July 2, 2009

Final Date with Kasai-san

In the back of my mind, I’m coming to the realization that this month is going to be filled with difficult goodbyes.  My dinner-date with Kasai-san was extra-ordinarily fun last night.  Since we started going out for dinner, I have always mentioned the Nepal Curry Restauruant, Himalaya.  She’s been hesitant to try something completely different from the usual Japanese food but last night she mustered up the courage to give it a go.  I was worried that she wouldn’t be able to eat any of it, but lo and behold she loved it.  She wrote the restaurant details down and vowed to return someday for lunch with her friends.  Then for our usual nijikai (round 2) at her house, we drank a bit more beer than usual.  We talked a lot and loudly about the war, relationships, and Okinawa!!  Definitely going to miss her.  

No comments: