Sunday, July 5, 2009

Lobsters

My wonderful mother sent the Aokis three live lobsters all the way from the North Americas to Japan as a token of ‘thanks’ for all the Aokis have done for me during this past year.  Thank goodness for a hot, exhausting, bordering dehydration day of Frisbee that left me painfully hungry for dinner.  The feast consisted of three fresh lobsters with garlic butter dip … and tacos!!  Oh yes, we went all the way with this surf and turf meal; all including tortilla shells, ground beef (the taco seasoning bought in Okinawa), guacamole, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, and melted Hokkaido cheese!!  For dessert we had root beer floats (which Ruu couldn’t stomach since the taste of root beer reminds her of hospitals).  I’m actually surprised my stomach did not explode.  


1 comment:

Sean6 said...

Oh my god, she sent you live lobsters!?