Thursday, July 2, 2009

Final Eikaiwa Class (Wednesday, June 24, 2009)


The Murakami Board of Education gave me the opportunity to teach English Conversation classes this year.  I immediately accepted without thinking at all of the work or time it would entail.  Quickly, I realized that my class would be larger that the average (15~20 people), and including people of varying ages and English abilities.  I’m not going to lie; it was quite a headache at first to find a way to include everyone given the number of people and their differences in language ability.  Sometimes my classes were a blast, and other times dull or too difficult.  In the end though, I truly enjoyed the company of both of the classes that I taught.  The people who attended really wanted to learn and speak English, which makes all the difference.  They were overly nice to me, presenting me with gifts and nice words at the end of the session.  That AND the extra 7 days of paid vacation I get for doing the class!!

No comments: